Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Trying to find a solution

It's been a very long time since I've updated, I know. Foot Fetish Friend and I are still together, and some of the struggles we were experiencing last year are still happening, especially my loss of libido. It can be caused by one of two things: the lithium I take to manage my bipolar disorder, or my hormonal birth control. The birth control solution is the easier one to negotiate, since I'm 33, do not want children, and am nearing the cut-off point for hormonal birth control anyway (it's not really safe to keep taking it after age 35). I had previously talked to my doctor about having the Essure procedure done, and she was willing to give me a referral to it a couple of years ago before I lost my insurance (which I have again, as well as a great job).

But what happens if it's not my birth control, and it really is my lithium? FFF is going to grad school to be a licensed clinician and he already has a lot of knowledge about mental illness... I can't just go off my meds. Last time I put myself on a trial off-meds, he got really, really upset with me.

These things weigh on my mind every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment