Tuesday, October 4, 2011

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month

I actually put this on my Facebook earlier today but it bears repeating:


I've been sitting on this a while, and I have to say something. October is breast cancer awareness month, and all around me I see retailers cashing in on this by splashing everything with pink. Seriously people, look before you buy something in "support" of any cause. This is an issue close to my heart as my Nana fought 3 rounds of breast cancer. NOT EVERYTHING PINK GIVES PROCEEDS TO SUSAN J. KOMMEN OR BREAST CANCER RESEARCH. Marketers want to tug at the heartstrings of survivors and families of survivors to turn a quick buck. Please check tags on clothes, look at labels, do your research. Make sure that if you're supporting through a third party and not donating directly that your money actually goes to the charitable cause, or to a cause at all. I'm not one for encouraging copy/paste but if you do want to pass it along, go ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment