Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Oh! The Scandal!

Wikipedia has a huge list, in chronological order of political sex scandals in the U.S. should you care to look them up. They go back quite far. I've been thinking about sex and politics lately, since the politicians are putting in their bids and trying to be their party's favorite for the running toward the presidency. I'll try to keep actual politics out of it because I don't enjoy talking about politics in general, but damn, that Buchanan woman is a fucking peach now, isn't she? Hiss.

The first time I ever really took notice of political sex scandal was back in 1998 (jesus... graduating high school and entering college. Now I feel old) with Bill Clinton. Now, his taste in women was questionable, but if he liked that little pork sausage, to each his own. But that was the first time I was like "this is just dumb." And it was. Did getting some in the Oval Office affect how he ran things? No. Not in the least. At least, not from what I could see, and in my newly-18-and-I-can-vote scrutiny, he was actually doing a good job of things.

I'm gong to say something, and it may shock some of you, so you may want to sit first:

People have sex. Even politicians.

Gasp! I know! And they have unhappy marriages and affairs, just like real people! Who'd'a thunk it? Listen, I know it makes good press, and it's awesome if you're actively trying to roust someone from their seat to take over and you come across this dirt on them to expose for your own gain, but honestly? It's none of our business, and a little gross to publicly shame them for getting their dicks wet. I imagine being a politician is stressful so if you gotta get off, to relax and get the tension out, so be it.

Politicians: they're people too.

No comments:

Post a Comment