Friday, August 26, 2011

Being Alpha Female

Picture it: Sicily, 1938... Central Maine, I-95 Southbound, Summer 2011...

"One of these days I'm going to drive over to Oakland when you're not with me and have at it with her! I'm tired of her bullshit!"

Blame it on the steady diet of heavy metal, rap, and Jersey Shore, but I have a very dominant, aggressive streak in me when it comes to other women (or "dumb bitches" as I like to call them). I am territorial, sniping, and make sure that when I am going to be around other women that there's not contest that I am the best looking. I may submit to men, but with women, I'm all alpha, baby. If I could mark my territory by peeing on it, I probably would.

Urban dictionary has quite a few definitions  about what an alpha female is, but the first definition is pretty succinct, in my mind:
An Alpha Female is a dominant female in a group. She dates as many males as she wants, is strong and confident, and a hard worker as well as often busy. She is usually sarcastic because she's powerful and playful. Alpha Females are intelligent, intellectual problem solvers; and though being an alpha female is more of a state of mind than a physicality, an alpha understands that dressing up or sexy increases her power in society, so she does it. Alpha Females are often terribly misunderstood by Beta and lesser males, as evident by the other posts about Alpha Females, and when this happens, she's called a bitch, a cunt, or a whore ... Alpha Females prefer passion over romance...

This website also has some perspective on alpha/beta/omega males as well.

On researching alpha females, and what makes us what we are, there is frustratingly little research it seems, on the link between female aggressiveness and hormones. According to psychology researcher Steven Stanton in this article, "...estrogen is very behaviorally potent and is actually a close hormonal relative to testosterone. In female mammals, estrogen has been tied to dominance, but there has been scant research examining the behavioral roles of estrogen in women." Why is that? Is it because we're supposed to be sugar and spice and everything nice? Motherfucker I will cut you! I also found that this page on alpha dominance was quite interesting and had some good links.

Let's face it: I have more estrogen than you. I'm curvier, boobier, prettier, with shinier hair and sexual potency. And bitch, don't you even look in the direction of a man I might be interested in!

I may follow this up with something more anecdotal but I'm starting to lose steam after researching  those articles. Usually I have them queued up and ready before hand, but tonight I just sat to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment