Sunday, July 10, 2011

Entrapment

A few nights ago Number 1 called me after one of his girlfriend's many hormone therapy-induced freakouts. She doesn't trust him and I think she's crossed a line, we just have no proof of this but some strong suspicion.

A few days ago he received a text message from a number he did not recognize from someone stating she's had a crush on him for a long time, ever since he told her "nice ass" (ladies, don't feel flattered, he says that to everyone). He asked her if she had a Facebook page because he couldn't think of who it could be. She told him "no, but I can make one for you." He got a link to a freshly made Facebook page with a senior portrait-esque profile picture. He started to get suspicious, especially when this person he did not know asked to be his girlfriend. One night he was home, playing video games, apparently texting this mystery person, still trying to figure out who it was when his girlfriend texted him.

Her: who you talking to?
Him: No one
Her: I know you're talking to someone!

She then freaked out and threatened to kill herself (again). He had to go to her town where she lives and find her and talk her down and burn gas he doesn't have the money for.

It's all a little suspicious to me.

Have any of you seen Chloe? Basic premise is a woman suspects her husband is cheating so she hires a prostitute to tempt him to see if he takes the bait to find out if he really is unfaithful to her. There's more to the movie than that and I won't give it away because it's a really good film, but you get the gist.


This sort of shady entrapment really bothers me. Have your doubts ladies, we all are hard-wired for infidelity, but do not set your partner up for failure. Don't dangle bait, don't create a fake person and a fake number and pretend to be her. Don't hire someone to flirt. If you're suspicious, talk with your partner for christsakes!

Do you really want to know, though? Would it make you feel better to know or would it be salt in the wounds, a sore tooth to probe with your tongue? Does he treat you right? Is he clean and disease-free? Does he come home to you? If your relationship is solid and he doesn't mistreat you and gives you love and attention, you don't need to know. Trust me. Men will cheat for many different reasons and we women tend to take things personally.

I never set him up, never had anyone spy on him, but 8 months after he broke up with me, I got into Number 1's email to gather ammo against his girlfriend at the time and was horrified to find out that he had cheated on me with our old roommate, that he had started with his current girlfriend (at the time) sooner than I thought. I was sick, I was angry, and I threatened him (bad move, too). While we've been broken up for almost 3 years now I am still bitter although he and I are still close and I will always have his back. I would have been better off in ignorance, never knowing. Knowing him and how he has to survive, I know why he did it, but it still doesn't make me feel better about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment