Wednesday, February 1, 2012

When two charities close to my heart collide...

The author of Coincidence and Leprechauns linked this article on her Facebook page and I am... speechless. I am so disappointed in the Susan G. Komen Foundation and feel let down by them; my Nana was a 3 time survivor of breast cancer and with another friend facing the possibility of breast cancer, I always found them inspirational. But it seems politics has gotten in the way. And Planned Parenthood is a very, very important resource for all women. It breaks my heart, really.

Susan G. Komen Begins Backpedaling for the Cure Read it and weep

1 comment:

  1. I know, it's so disheartening when ideology gets in the way.

    I really hope they reconsider both their new change of leadership and this misguided decision to deliver a real blow to women's health.

    In the meantime, next time I make a donation, it'll probably be to Planned Parenthood. They'll need it. :(

    ReplyDelete