Sunday, March 20, 2011

The silly articles people write

After writing my post earlier today I was boredly browsing Yahoo! news When I came across this article about the supposed signs of a cheater (or potential cheater). Of course, this article is primarily aimed at the paranoia of women already in fragile relationships looking for any excuse to point fingers. Like women never cheat. But I digress. As someone having experience with cheaters, I thought I'd put my perspective on the article.

Sign #1: Your sweetie keeps you a secret from his/her family and friends. Maybe he/she has a terrible family and is embarrassed of them? Maybe they think their buddies too crass? Sometimes people don't want to tote their significant other around everywhere.

Sign #2: Your sweetie is emotionally absent. If you're with someone emotionally absent and you expect to have a serious relationship, you should reevaluate. Or just not get involved with someone that is emotionally detached, if you've known them for a while. That's just building yourself up for heartbreak, anyway.

Sign #3: Your sweetie says he or she wants a no-strings-attached romance. This is a big one for me. I make this very clear: I don't want commitment. Ladies, if you think you can "fix" a guy that tells you this, you're, well, you're dumb. And you're building yourself up for a lot of disappointment and heartbreak. When we say we don't want commitment, believe us.

Sign # 4: Your sweetie admits to cheating on exes — and justifies the betrayals. Hello/? Red flag? I need not comment on this, aside from repeating the above "don't try to fix this person."

Sign #5: Your sweetie has never been without a mate. Some people are serial monogamists. Some people are just afraid of being alone. This doesn't necessarily make a cheater. Sorry.

Sign #6: Your sweetie tells lies about little things. Who doesn't lie? Jesus.

Sign #7: Your sweetie brags about his or her ability to attract others. Oh so what? It's you he/she is going home with. Some of us can just attract others naturally, and enjoy the attention, but it doesn't necessarily mean that we're cheaters. Some people attract people without trying, others do make an effort, but in the end, it's really not what makes a cheater.

Alright, off my soap box. I've been stewing over this article all day and it's dumbassery. I still have a bigger post I want to make eventually based off a different website I found just casually browsing (I was actually trying to get my blog to come up in a Google search).

No comments:

Post a Comment